Monday 21 May 2012

Advice to 3rd years :)

To be honest I don't even know if 3rd years go on the TY blogs, but you never know.. 
So here's my advice to incoming TY heads :) Enjoy it! I know it seems pretty 'original' to say but seriously, if you think your having a terrible year then you will , but if you enjoy every opportunity your giving then you will love it! honestly I made the most of every trip , every fun class, every workshop and every single person!

Like there was some people who skipped trips and said TY was 'pointless' because we don't do anything, but that's not true! this year we did sooo much but just because its not studying or aiming for a big exam doesn't mean the work isn't equally important! 

Seriously, enjoy EVERYTHING inside and out of school, it can honestly be one of the best years of your life :') like I enjoyed everything, because the pressure of exams aren't there it gives you an opportunity to enjoy things in a more chilled out way, it gives you the opportunity to really really enjoy things! 

Every single trip you go on is something that you'll remember! I just honestly can't believe how different I feel after a whole year of TY , you grow up so much in TY suddenly, your ready for responsibility  and you realize your ready for work and how important everything is, like work experience made me realize how I really need to do well in my leaving cert, but also that it's not the only thing that matters, other things are important too :) so I really feel TY gives you great LIFE experience not just sitting down at a desk studying because where will you
 be after school when you get thrown into work if you have no idea what its going to be like? 

TY is a opportunity to start to live in the real life working world but also still have to comfort of being in school :) 
Overall what im saying is, You get from TY what you put in, you've probably heard that so much but its true, we got sick of hearing it too! but every word of it is true :D make your year the best it can be and enjoy every minute of it and it will be the most amazing year you can have ! 
Best of Luck with it , and hope you enjoy it as much as I did because I really did have one of the best years of my life! I really hope other TY's did too , Also love your TY year because your like a family until this time next year so, LOVE THEM! 


No comments:

Post a Comment